In 1968 Universal-Investment was founded as a joint venture of German private banks. Today, Universal-Investment is the largest independent investment company in the German-speaking region. In between we have been experiencing multiple successful milestones and pioneering achievements.
- According to the 2017 PwC ManCo Survey, Universal-Investment is the largest AIFM ManCo in Luxembourg; among the Third-Party-ManCos, Universal-Investment ranks in second place.
- Montagu Private Equity acquires shares in Universal-Investment that are owned by shareholders Berenberg and Bankhaus Lampe. Montagu PE continues to focus on Universal-Investment’s independence, successful business model and high growth dynamics.
- Introduction of RisikoAnalyse+: Expansion of the PowerPortal to include risk analyses with ex-ante risk indicators.
- Universal-Investment increases its focus on real assets and real estate: real estate platform in DE and L
- Universal-Investment establishes the new department ‟Real Asset Managers” in order to provide fund initiators with the best possible advice on the launch of real asset funds.
- Universal-Investment is one of the first investment management companies in Germany + Luxembourg to obtain an AIFM license, allowing it to also launch closed funds in future.
- Introduction of PowerPortal: Webbased client portal provides access to extensive reportings.
- Universal-Investment launches real estate platform to round off its offering.
- Foundation of Universal Securitisation Solutions S.A. in Luxembourg.
- Establishment of an Investment-AG.
- Offering extended to include the Insourcing performance area.
- Universal-Investment-Luxembourg S.A established.
- Rule-based asset management becomes part of the business model.
- First master fund launched.
- Launch of the first private label fund in Germany.
- Universal-Investment is founded as a joint venture and management company.