Your platform for real estate funds
Global, transparent, tailor-made
Your platform for real estate funds
Institutional investors can link up with our team of 100 real estate fund specialists – who have a longstanding expertise in structuring, launching and administrating globally-invested real estate funds – via Universal Investment's German- and Luxembourg-based real estate platforms. A wide range of vehicles, investment structures, countries and service models are incorporated. Our mission is to provide extensive expertise in the practical implementation of ESG-based real estate investment policies. We act as a one-stop shop and supply you with a vast network of professional partners and tailor-made services for your real estate fund investments.
We offer a diverse spectrum of investment opportunities:
- Open- and closed-end real estate funds compliant with German or Luxembourg law in the form of special or master funds
- Domestic or global frameworks for various usage types and risk classes#
- Support in establishing a sustainability strategy including regulatory compliance (for example, for funds under Article 6, 8 or 9 of the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation)
Advantages and strengths
We are a specialist in both funds and real estate. We have considerable expertise and years of experience in structuring and administrating real estate funds, the global execution of real estate transactions (in cooperation with local transaction advisors) as well as comprehensive know-how in the administration and regulatory requirements for funds. As a one-stop shop, we take care of all aspects that can arise when investing real estate funds.
Real estate in figures
As of December 2022
As an independent fund service platform, we offer institutional investors a holistic service approach that can be tailored to clients' individual requirements.
Tailored fund conception
- Support in fund conception and the development of a sustainability strategy for German and Luxembourg-based special AIFs and master funds, including, if required, segments for each asset manager
- Optimal regulatory-compliant fund structuring
- Obtaining the distribution permit from the relevant regulatory authorities (BaFin, CSSF)
- Technical fund construction: including contracts (with SLAs); account opening; depositaries’ involvement
- Structured, straightforward onboarding, including of asset managers, investors
- Vast network of experienced partners, including custodians, property valuers, ESG-consultants
Global, regulatory real estate portfolio management
- Review of portfolio strategy with a focus on regulatory/contractual fundamentals
- Review of purchase, sale and loan agreements for international real estate investments
- Corporate investment management, including monitoring tax-/legally- optimised investment structures and the provision of managing directors
- Real estate valuation
- Extensive network of relevant service providers, including surveyors and accountants
- Ongoing support in all aspects of real estate investments
Professional fund administration
- Fund accounting: including the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and annual reports
- Taxes: including assistance in assembling tax data and in tax reporting
- Liquidity management: including the preparation of capital calls and distributions
- Reporting: real estate, fund and regulatory reporting for authorities and investors; access to the online reporting tool PowerPortal
- Risk management: including risk controlling and stress tests
- Additional services: including the obtainment of the required approvals from supervisory bodies and depositaries; communication and coordination with external service providers
Global real estate expertise
We use our global expertise in real estate to support institutional investors in the implementation of their investment strategies. We are committed to the active support and monitoring of global real estate transactions (in cooperation with the required due-diligence service providers).
Real estate platform
Since the launch of our real estate platform in 2011, assets under administration have increased to more than 38.3 billion euros (gross fund assets as of December 2022), reflecting the strong trust our clients place in us.